Koaka’s Natural Exfoliating Scrub For Your Skin
Regular exfoliation is super beneficial for your skin, especially for people who have scarring, ingrown hairs, sun damaged skin, or suffer from common skin conditions such as Keratosis Pilaris. This quick DIY natural exfoliant recipe is a great way to get the most out of your Kōaka products and to reuse any empty Kōaka jars. Reduce, reuse, recycle! You can read more about the benefits of exfoliating your skin here.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Getting The Most From Your Kōaka Products
- DIY Hemp & Coffee Scrub
- About the Natural Exfoliants
- Coconut Sugar
- Hemp Seed Oil
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Getting The Most From Your Kōaka Products
There are two main types of exfoliating methods, chemical and physical. Naturally, we want to share with you the benefits of a plant derived (microbead and plastic free) physical exfoliant.
- Excellent opportunity to reuse an empty Healing Balm or Natural Deodorant jar. These jars are beautifully made, designed to be reused and kept for as long as possible. They’re the perfect size for a home made scrub and the airtight tin lid means it can be kept in the shower.
- You already have the most important ingredient, Kōaka Organic Moisturising Serum, now you can get even more out of this ‘little bottle of miracles’ by using it in the shower too.
- Cost effective and fun! Great opportunity to use ingredients you already have to make an effective and delicious face and body scrub.
DIY Hemp and Coffee Scrub
This Hemp & Coffee Scrub has the added benefits of containing Koaka’s organic, nourishing, antioxidant rich and anti-inflammatory Hemp Seed Oil. When we combine this with coffee and raw coconut sugar we get a vibrant smelling, effective exfoliant. You can also make this entire scrub organic if you usually shop this way.
The main active ingredient; Kōaka Organic Moisturising Serum is BioGro Certified Organic.
1 part fresh ground coffee beans
1 part raw coconut sugar
1 part Kōaka Organic Moisturising Serum
1 - 3 drops vanilla extract
The formulation is simple and you can make as little or as much of this scrub as you’d like.
Two to three tablespoons of the key ingredients is the perfect size for an empty Kōaka jar. Add these and shake to mix. This will last weeks, even months depending on the areas you are exfoliating and how often you exfoliate. You only need a finger scoop for your entire face or upper arms.
Your skin should feel soft and nourished after using this scrub. If you happen to experience any irritation, then applying a dollop of serum to the affected areas post shower should see you right.
If you’ve had a go at making this hemp and coffee scrub then we’d love to know how you enjoyed it. Tag us in your social posts and share the love of hemp! @koaka_nz
About The Natural Exfoliants
The energising smell and caffeinated properties of coffee stimulate our senses and help to improve blood flow and collagen production.
Raw Coconut sugar acts as a natural physical exfoliant helping to remove dead skin cells and unblock hair follicles.
Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil contains antioxidants Vitamin C and Vitamin E for skin healthy and collagen production. As well as acting as a humectant, by drawing moisture into the skin. Our Moisturising Serum naturally contains GLA which reduces inflammation and has a comedogenic rating of zero, meaning it will not clog pores.